Terms and conditions
Responsible intermediary: Nordens Ark Foundation
Telephone: +46 523 795 90
Org No: 854600 - 6191
Office: Åby säteri, 456 93 Hunnebostrand
All internet home purchases via Nordens Ark are subject to consumer purchase laws, laws on distance selling and off-site sales, and laws on package trips. Read more here.
By placing an order, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
We apply a lower age limit of 18 years for purchases.
Nordens Ark shall not be liable for typographical errors on the website.
Nordens Ark shall not be liable for alterations to experience packages, activities and camps due to unforeseeable events relating to our animals such as illness, accidents or restrictions.
In such cases, Nordens Ark will offer alternative arrangements and animal species, or offer a refund.
Events beyond Nordens Ark’s control will be considered force majeure.
Before completing your order, it is important that you read through all the information about the product. The purchaser is responsible for the product being in accordance with his or her wishes. The purchaser is responsible for providing details that are correct and complete.
Prices and payment
All prices are given in Swedish kronor and include tax.
Only payment methods that can be selected when ordering are accepted by Nordens Ark.
Shipping charges will be shown at the time of purchase in Nordens Ark’s web shop. Nordens Ark reserves the right to alter shipping charges.
Order and payment
1. Accommodation, packages, tickets and other products must be paid for in full at the time of booking. Hotel, package and web shop products may be cancelled/returned.
2. Activities of unlimited duration, for example entry tickets to Nordens Ark, may be used, with our agreement, on a date other than that selected when ordering. In the event of a price adjustment, the purchaser can pay the difference between the amount already paid and the current price.
3. After you have ordered and paid via the internet, we will send an email to the address you provided, with confirmation/booking reference and details of your order and payment. The order will not be completed or valid in the following circumstances:
- If the purchaser does not receive an email with receipt or confirmation/booking reference and details.
- If card payment is interrupted for any reason and payment fails.
- If payment is not completed fully or correctly, and the amount is not taken from the purchaser’s account. In such a case, the purchase/reservation is terminated after a short period.
- The purchaser must ensure he or she is reachable at the email address supplied at the time of registration. Purchaser is responsible for safeguarding email confirmation and producing it in printed or electronic form at the place of the activity to which it relates.
4. Purchasers living outside Sweden may book accommodation, experiences and activities by card payment. Extra shipping charges will apply to items ordered from the Nordens Ark web shop for shipping outside Sweden.
Delivery Terms and Conditions
Your ordered items will be dispatched by us within three to five working days. We send our packages by post. Your package will be delivered to the delivery point associated with your postal code area. You will be notified when your item is ready for collection. Items not collected within 14 days will be returned. Purchaser will be billed for shipping charges for items that are not collected.
Hotel bookings may be cancelled up to day of arrival. Payment will be taken if room is cancelled after 4pm the day before arrival. Nordens Ark Hotel follows Visita’s guidelines on cancellations. For more information visit the bransch organisation Visita.
2. Experience packages, activities and summer camps
Cancellations later than two weeks before arrival will be charged at 50 per cent. Cancellations later than one week before arrival will be charged the full amount. In the event of there being not enough participants, Nordens Ark reserves the right to cancel the activity with five days’ notice and refund your payment.
3. Unforeseen events
If you are unable to use your booked accommodation, experience package, activity or summer camp for one of the reasons listed below, Nordens Ark will refund the entire amount even if you cancel later than normally allowed:
- You or one of your fellow travellers suffer a severe illness, serious accident or death.
- A close relative of you or a fellow traveller suffers a severe illness, serious accident or death.
- A serious occurrence outside your control which you could not have foreseen at the time of booking and which makes it unreasonable to expect you to fulfil the booking, for example extensive fire or flood in your home.
- Nordens Ark has the right to require evidence of the above circumstances before a refund will be given. If possible, we will offer the same activity at a later date.
4. Cancellation rights when using the web shop
You have the right to cancel your purchase within 14 days. In the case of goods, the cooling-off period starts from the day you receive the item. In the case of a service, it starts from the day you made the purchase. Returned items must be unused and undamaged in unopened packaging. If you take advantage of the cooling-off period, you are responsible for the shipping cost for an exchange or refund. Always contact us first if for any reason you are unhappy with your product or if you wish to return goods. Contact us immediately if your item is damaged on arrival. If you wish, you may use the following return form on the Swedish Consumer Agency’s website.
In the event of a refund, Nordens Ark will refund the amount you paid. Repayment will be made without undue delay, and no later than 14 days from the date it is determined that you are due a refund. If you do not provide bank details, the refund can be collected at a bank (charges may apply).
As a consumer, you have the right to make a complaint about your purchase if you are unhappy. If you are not satisfied with your product, we ask you to contact us no later than seven days after you received the product. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Nordens Ark, Åby säteri, 456 93 Hunnebostrand. In the event of a dispute, you may contact the National Board for Consumer Disputes to see if it will investigate the case.
Nordens Ark has liability insurance for park visitors in the event of an accident.
In the event of war, natural disaster, strike action, decisions by authorities, failed delivery by suppliers, price rises or similar events beyond our control, which could not reasonably have been foreseen and which affect contractual agreements on our side such that we cannot fulfil these contracts, we shall be absolved from our duty to fulfil such contracts.
Nordens Ark is not responsible for errors in prices, descriptions of services or technical problems that might arise.
In any disputes, we follow the recommendations of the National Board for Consumer Disputes.
At Nordens Ark, you can shop in safety. Our payment partners guarantee that your payment is made via secure systems in which your identity is protected.
When making payment, the purchaser agrees that personal data will be handled by Nordens Ark. This is necessary in order for us to complete the order. Nordens Ark undertakes not to supply or sell information to third parties. Details that the purchaser has registered on Nordens Ark’s booking page may be used to advise you of events and promotions offered on this page. To delete personal details, please email Nordens Ark at email@example.com.
By visiting Nordens Ark, you’re helping us in our work to save and preserve endangered animals and species. A warm thank you.
Our terms and conditions vary depending whether you have booked an overnight hotel stay, package or experience. Entry tickets cannot be refunded. Vouchers must be presented on entry to the park.
Because of the risk of fire, and out of respect for those with allergies, please remember that smoking is allowed outdoors in designated areas only.
For our animals’ sake and to avoid the spread of infections, pets are not allowed in either the park or hotel.
You are welcome to visit the park from 10am. Hotel check-in is from 3pm and check-out time is 10am at the latest.
If you will be arriving later than 4.30pm, please contact us in advance on 0523-795 45. Reception is unstaffed after the park closes until 8am the following morning.
No-shows or cancellations after 4pm the day before arrival will be charged the full cost. There is no refund if you leave earlier than planned.
Nordens Ark follows Visita’s guidelines on cancellations.
Important information before your arrival
Hot food is available to buy between 11.30am and 3pm during low season. In July and at the beginning of August, our restaurant is also open in the evening. For overnight guests, there is a microwave and a small fridge in one of the hotel corridors which you are welcome to use. Barbecue facilities are available by the play area about 200 metres from the hotel. Don’t forget to bring your own charcoal and lighter fluid. The nearest town with restaurants and food shops is Hunnebostrand, about ten minutes by car from Nordens Ark.
Breakfast is served between 8am and 9.30am.
After checking in, you are welcome to leave your car in our locked guest car park, and we recommend that you do so.
In the evening and early in the morning, access to the hotel is via the ground floor on the car park side of the building. Use your room key in the bottom lock.
Should an emergency situation arise after Reception closes, please call 070-668 28 82.
Full details of the package/experience you have booked, including times and important information, will be sent by email.
For packages that include an overnight hotel stay, see the information under ‘Hotel’, above.
Cancellations later than two weeks before arrival will be charged at 50 per cent. Cancellations later than one week before arrival will be charged the full amount. In the event of there being not enough participants, Nordens Ark reserves the right to cancel the activity with five days’ notice and refund your payment. Nordens Ark will contact you to offer an alternative activity.
Nordens Ark follows Visita’s guidelines on cancellations.
Full details of the camp you have booked, including times and important information, will be sent by email.
Cancellations later than two weeks before arrival will be charged at 50 per cent. Cancellations later than one week before arrival will be charged the full amount. A minimum of six participants are required for the camp to take place. In the event of there being not enough participants, Nordens Ark reserves the right to cancel the activity with five days’ notice and refund your payment. Nordens Ark will contact you to offer an alternative activity.
Nordens Ark follows Visita’s guidelines on cancellation.